P1345 With new distributor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fragment

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update -

Problem fixed...
I think there were two things at play here.

The Chinese distributor had the gear clocked wrong on the shaft, which is why timing was “roughly on” on one tooth with no run conditions either a tooth advance or a tooth retarded.

The Chinese distributor comes with a bracket (I’d argue it’s the bracket for the 4.3l v6) that does not allow for any adjustment whatsoever. Leaving you at the mercy of the clocking of that gear.

I replaced the Chinese with an AC Delco, with a GM bracket, and stabbed the distributor exactly where I had the Chinese one running. This resulted in a running, but unhappy engine.

Upon adjusting with the tech 2 and twisting the distributor I got it closer to +14deg, but it maxed out and hit the upper intake manifold. So I took the distributor out, retarded it a tooth, and restabbed it resetting the “twist” as I did so. A little twist and a few gooses of the throttle later and we were at 0deg CMP retard with no MIL, and smooth running.

Appreciate everyone’s help!
Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlmightyPrawn

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was having the same issue. Turns out I was 1 tooth advanced. So, I fixed the lightning whirler and got it in the correct position. Problem I am now having is i have dash command and the correct PID purchased but when im connected to the truck it does not recognize the CMP retard PID as valid. This happen to anyone before? My truck is a 1999 Chevy K1500 4wd.

::Update:: I actually used the search feature. Turns out a lot of people had this issue. Its the BT OBDII adapter I have. I bought a Veepak one from Amazon. Seems to work for everyone else. :doh2:

Last edited: