Overheard Console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a link to a thread which goes through in detail the process of putting an overhead console (I believe most take them from a blazer? OR suburban?) into my 1994 chevy ext cab?
THanks!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for quick reply! I found the first link about finding the right area to cut out for the ext cab, but I don't need the second link since I don't have a garage or garage door opener.
The only question I have left is what consoles do you people put in your trucks? I want one that looks nice, without any of the HVAC controls on the front of it, any suggestions?

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just trying to figure out what vehicles to look at when I go scrappin'

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
that was just the page I saved. That whole thread (2nd link) is about overhead consoles. Any Tahoe/suburban will more than likely have them. Some trucks might have them but not the yard I went to. If you get one out of a Tahoe/suburban you'll probably have the rear A/C controls. There are a few people who who can sell you the blank needed. (Dr. Zoom and addiction2bass).

This is the most common one with the blank in place of the A/c controls
You must be registered for see images attach

Another style you could possibly find looks like this (DIC where the blank would go)

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
here's mine for the heck of it... before I installed the blank piece

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool man thanks ill check out some places tomorrow!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I went looking at my only local scrap yard today and they only have 1 Burb with the overhead in it, and the thing is FUBAR. I took some pics because it looked really small to me and I am not sure what ones you guys usually go for, Since I also saw 2 Blazers that had longer ones in much better condition. Ill show ya.. I do have an ext cab so I want something that will fit nice and look good.

Here is the one outta the burn that seemed very small..

And here is the Blazer one..

The thing I notice about the blazer ones is the dip in the middle I am not sure if my truck has the same roof...but it does seem like its almost twice as large and it also has the digital thing up in the front, so that would be cool. (Im sure you can have that out and swap it into any other one though, right?)

Thanks for any feedback and suggestions or help!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I don't think the blazer one would fit the curves in your roof. The first one is the kind I got.