Suburban overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I don't think so... They might be very similar, but a LOT changed between 94 and 99... I'll peruse my wiring diagrams and see.

Hmm I don't even have one for the rear A/C in the 94s... Sorry, I'm not gonna be much help here lol. Can't you just reuse your existing upper console? I'm pretty sure those remained the same through the years.

Last edited:

Gearhead1

Reaction score
I'll know for sure when I strip out the old interior and compare the two. I want to use the newer console because of the filthy condition of the truck's original. If need be, I may have to swap the switch controls between them and the also the rear passenger controls.

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Burban owner. Congrats on a better overhead console!! Question for you, I have a 1996 and have bought replacement NOS knobs. There is a small groove or nipple extending on the back of the knob that creates a gap. It appears you can’t just line up the D shape tube and place. Have you taken the console apart at all? Any advice on if I should take it apart or take the chance on “shaving” the plastic groove flush?

rob249

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off topic question, do the A/C lines for the rear evap run through the overhead console? I'd sure like to convert my 2 door yukon to the suburban dual A/C.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone know about the knob replacement? Bueller?

This probably doesn't help as I haven't dealt with new GM knobs, but I had a rear A/C knob crack in the OHC of my Suburban. They just pull off/push on in my experience. I pulled one from a spare rear A/C control unit I had and it popped right into place on the unit in my Suburban.

I didn't even know you could ever buy the knobs separately... Mind sharing the part number?