Overdrive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
It is your tire size. When you go with larger tires but don't change the axle ratio then the engine will run lower RPMs at the same speed. It thinks you got to cruising speed(since you are steady on the throttle and the RPMs aren't rising quickly) and locks down.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Thats some good info, With my TC it will engage and disengage every time with the break pedal so i'm guessing its not electronic and likley the same problem. I'm looking to do a higher stall TC from you as well Rhino.. I'll Probably get one of these at the same time, Is there anything aftermarket that could interfere with the replacement? I have a trans that has been rebuilt.. all I was told is 'theres some better parts in there now'

It is electronic, disengages when you activate the brake light switch.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
ok what about overdrive kicking in out while driving. and kinda low fluid make it do that

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
It is electronic, disengages when you activate the brake light switch.

I meant that I didnt think the problem is electronic. The oversized tires shouldnt make that much of a diference though should it? If thats the case A higher stall converter would be the fix would it not?

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
And on the subject of low fluid, I have high fluid, have since I got the truck, I've never touched the trans but every time I check it its high.. could that cause anything to be going wrong?

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
You are checking it with the vehicle running at operating temp, correct? Larger tires can cause erratic downshifting due to the increase throttle input. Big tires mean more weight, more weight means more throttle input to get the same performance, more throttle input means the trans drops a gear.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^^ Could any of this be adjusted through a BB tune...my truck is tuned. I am going to replace that TCC since it is $15 and I will be in there anyway.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I have a BB tune, The trans shifted the same now as before. But I never mentioned anything to him about changing anything in the trans (other than TM)