ouch!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I know I have posted about needing a new motor soon but some had questions on why. Well changed my oil today n this is what I got. Yes I used a new pan n made sure it was clean before hand.

So now we begin the discussion on what I should in replacement. The typical and just rebuild, rebuild to 383 or just rebuild sell n purchase ht383e or maybe replace with ls series... what are thoughts on this ive been throwing it around but still cant decide so I figured id see what yall thoughts were

Attachments

• IMG_20140420_171117_521.jpg
    IMG_20140420_171117_521.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 50

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slight knock untill warm no smoke but I did lose about a quart n a half in 2500 miles no leaks... so im guessing its just blowing through

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mmmmm iron

I'm no expert but that's definitely not good what motor is it and what's the mileage that's (IMO) the best way to decide on whether or not to rebuild sell and buy or just rebuild and put back

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
5.7 has 132,000 .. sad I know but p.o didnt take very goodcare of it...

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a toyhauler/ occasional dd so I would like to keep mpg in mind.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
couple of options come to mind,,,Jegs usually has g,m, longblocks/crate motors at a great price plus free shipping,,you could always drop it off at your local chevy dealer,,just be prepared for the big repair bill,,get a gm crate,,ect,,ect,,,if it was mine and i was keeping it,,i would get a g m crate from my local chevy dealer and be done with it,,you have a great motor with a warranty to boot,,if you dont plan on keeping it,,for at least 3-5 more yrs,,sell it and start over,,good luck,,

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If you have the skills i say LS swap it

sent from my outdated S3