"Original" throttle body swap to "new" style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
My 1990 has what I will refer to as the "old" style TB. The TPS has the screws directly (180 degrees) across from each other. The new style has the screws on the TPS off set somewhat.

I know the new style has a different plug. Can the new style be pretty much a plug and play with the change of the TPS plug?

Thanks!

Ken

kenh

Reaction score
It came off a 5.7. Mine is a 5.7 so should be the same. IIRC the new TB is from a 1994 and is the same bore as my old style.

kenh

Reaction score
Gosh..... Looking at the price of new parts I just might go to my local U pick It and get a new to me TB.

Ken

You must be registered for see images attach

kenh

Reaction score
ll i want is a TB that doesn't have a jingly loose throttle shaft! I wasn't prepared for a $40 TPS from the parts store. I was hoping for around $15ish

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Gosh..... Looking at the price of new parts I just might go to my local U pick It and get a new to me TB.

Ken

That looks like a nicely organized yard. The ones in the Houston area all used to be something else, and the properties are laid out weird. And the trucks are always at the back of the yard! So you will get your exercise!

kenh

Reaction score
That looks like a nicely organized yard. The ones in the Houston area all used to be something else, and the properties are laid out weird. And the trucks are always at the back of the yard! So you will get your exercise!
All the trucks are in one area on the lower left of the screen. It is pretty well organized though like any salvage yard it kind of makes you wonder what system the use!:rolleyes:

"Miscellaneous" sensors are $8.50.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be sure to use the correct base gasket to suit the replacement throttle body.

Also verifiy that you have vacuum nipples in all the right places. Extra nipples can be easily plugged; missing nipples takes effort to fabricate.