Ones with the RCX lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Ive got the 4 RCX lift right now, outta curiosity the ones with the RCX 6 inch could you tell me how high the truck sits from the ground to the middle on the fender? Im just curious to how much different a 4 inch is verses a 6 inch. Thanks, Mike.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2" :shrug:

the lift kits are the same (minus AAL) but the tire size can and will make the hights different

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
2" :shrug:

the lift kits are the same (minus AAL) but the tire size can and will make the hights different

yea thats what i thought, but to me it just doesn't look like it. I realize tire size will play a factor in the height. The guy that installed the lift i asked him what was the true height of the 4 inch lift he told me 4.5" to 5" since the drop is the same between the 2 kits.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
When using the 4" kit, you actually have to de-crank the torsion bars. You have to crank the torsion bars up when using the 6" kit. The drop bracket used in both kits seems to be about a 5" drop, so the only differences in front end height between the two kits will come from amount of crank and size of tires.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
So literally it's exactly the same minus blocks vs AAL? Both 5"?

yeah thats what ive been told the front regardless is the same the drop just the matter how much you crank the keys. For rear you only have 4 inch block on 4 inch lift and if you make it a 6 inch you add the AAl and block to achieve 6 inches.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah thats what ive been told the front regardless is the same the drop just the matter how much you crank the keys. For rear you only have 4 inch block on 4 inch lift and if you make it a 6 inch you add the AAl and block to achieve 6 inches.

X2. The only difference is the aal