Oil Pressure Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As you look at the engine it is to the drivers side about 4-6 inches from the distributor. It comes out of the block with a 90 degree fitting and the oil pressure sensor screws into the 90 degree fitting. Also, I don't recall exactly how it goes as it has been quite some time but the early GMT400's had an oil sensor or switch that is by the oil filter.

Ok I did see something resembling a 90 degree fitting. But I was told to look on the passenger side so I didn't think that was it. I'll go back out tomorrow and look a bit closer. I have a bad shoulder, neck, and back so I can only look for a few minutes at a time. The 90 degree fitting that I saw appeared to be chrome or a silver color and was under the dist.

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is an 88-89. Can you grab a picture of the one by the filter for him?

Thanks for the pic. I couldn't find anything that resembles this. But I did see a chrome or silver 90 degree fitting just under the dist. Might be on to something now.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't take credit for the picture, that was burnhedge. The 90 is what you are looking for.

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is an 88-89. Can you grab a picture of the one by the filter for him?
I just left the shop for the day. I wasn't sure what year they changed. As far as I know the newer style is just black and sits a little further forward on the intake?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that 90 degree elbow fragile? In other words if the sensor is a bit hard to loosen is there a possiblity of breaking the 90 degree elbow? Is it possible to just screw the new sensor into the block without the elbow in case something happens? I ordered a new sensor from Rock Auto and will attempt this when it comes in.