Oil in intake manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is a 98 Tahoe. I’m replacing the lower intake gaskets and putting in the MPFI kit. There is a little oil pooled on top of the lower intake. Is that normal or a PCV issue?

Also, the back half is pretty clean compared to the front. Is that normal?

You must be registered for see images attach

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
The back of my intake waa clean like that. Think it was from FPR leakin. Looks bout like mine did actually. Is ur pcv valve good? Maybe stickin open a lil?

Last edited:

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank a crap stock pcv system and egr for all that nasty **** in there. People can say what they want about catch cans and egr deletes but I personally think this right here is enough reason to address them. I want my intake and air going into my cylinders clean, but that's just me.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The PCV valve rattles and the seat moves freely, so I’d guess it is ok but have no idea how old it is. Will toss a new one on anyways.

I didn’t have any driveability issues, so don’t know if the regulator was leaking or not. It reeked of gas, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Like Mike said, EGR is to blame here. I defeated mine back in 2009 and the intake does stay cleaner. The back is likely cleaner than the front because the EGR passage is in the front. I have a bit of blowby though so it still gets dirty and my PCV valve seems to work fine as it rattles and only flows one way.

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would think a little oil would be ok.not gas.laying there.but they are right about the EGR.it puts crap in to your motor.dirty air.its Chevy's way of saving dollars.you see what the Corvette engines have.the same years.

I like the 6.0 engine.iron block.the heads and fuel injection system.