OHC with DIC HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a 99 k2500 CCSB with 5.7. I've been cruising around here and one thing I would really like to install is a DIC. a lot of what I have read is fairly old and was wondering if there is any updates one what does and doesn't work for this. I have the long console already.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the info in the DIC thread is still valid. Just follow it an it will work for your application. Just be prepared for the mpg an range to empty info to be incorrect.

Do you have a specific question that you feel wasn't answered well or left unanswered in the install thread?

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess I'm more curious to if there has been one found that works a little better.. Maybe The escalade one I'm Thinking but I can't seem to find any . I already have The compass mirror so I should be able to sway out one with temp on it also right? but with the DIC What OHU would work best for my crews cab .. to allow The escalade DIC to fit best

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only know one person that had used the escalade one an that's 88gmctruck in his 02. If you'd rather use the escalade one then I'd try to use the console as well. I don't think it will fit in your stock one without custom mounting it.

You can swap your mirror for one with temp but you'll have to add the sensor an it's wiring as well...

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I found a sensor and temp mirror from a Yukon also got all but like a foot of the wiring for is mainly what went through the fire wall. I didn't have any luck today finding the dic from a escalade though

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
but I get get the dic from a blazer and the wiring for that as well to hook up and use till then there was actually a few of them should have picked up a couple more just in case.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get the blazer temp sensor as well? Depending on the mirror you got the sensor might be different an they both need there own sensor anyway....

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
no I hadn't I didn't even think of that!! would the one Tahoe not work? if I remember correctly it has a light green with stripe and brown wire, how would they differ? will I need the sensor for the mpg /range to work of the blazer gauge?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No that sensor is only for the temp. The other functions will work fine without it.

What year Tahoe did you get the sensor from? It might work for the dic but I don't think you can run them both off one sensor.