OEM Fog lamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
How much of a challenge is it to add OEM fog lamps? I would like to do a factory set up for my 95 Sierra. How difficult is it to find all the parts for the job?

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only hard-to-find part is the fog light switch, although there seem to be more 95-up ones around compared to 88-94. The valence and lights themselves are still available.

PM18S4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harness may be a DIY situation for in-cabin and engine bay.

For the bumper and mounting hardware you might luck out at a pick and pull, if not LMC sells the bumper with cutouts. and the lamps with mounting hardware.

The OEM dash switch you will want is PN 15738877 make sure to grab a bezel piece as well. Ebay is your best bet. The Fog Light Switch will only fit in the lowest of the three bezel slots without cutting.
The pigtail is PT1032. Used pigtails are also available on Ebay by searching that PT or by the switch PN.
You could DIY a pigtail with a connector, sockets (10-12 AWG, 14-16 AWG, or 18-20 AWG, check the wiring diagram and your fog lamp amp load), 2X sockets retainer, and the connector to switch retainer.

Not sure if earlier vehicles without fog lights had the socket for the relay populated in the convenience center in the cabin footwell (my 1999 suburban without fog lamps does not).
If not, you could tear it apart and add the wiring and sockets yourself or run new wires through the firewall and mount the relay to the firewall similar to the center-high rear stop lamp relay.
If you do, make sure to use a grommet to protect the wires, and to seal the hole to prevent fumes from filling the cabin.

Looking at the diagrams and harness PN's, I'm not sure if the 95 engine bay lamp wiring harness had the fog lamp connectors at the bumpers and just taped off if not used, or if new wires need to be run.