Obs newb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I put an Eaton truetrac in my 97 with some 373s. Im running 275/60/15. My truck is a street truck, dailey driver. A week and a half later I blew up the sun shell. Had the trans rebuilt with HD kit, Corvette servos, and a shift kit. Almost $4000 later, Im back on the road. Really happy with the truetrac, and 373s. My truck jumps to attention now when you nail the gas.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
I put an Eaton truetrac in my 97 with some 373s. Im running 275/60/15. My truck is a street truck, dailey driver. A week and a half later I blew up the sun shell. Had the trans rebuilt with HD kit, Corvette servos, and a shift kit. Almost $4000 later, Im back on the road. Really happy with the truetrac, and 373s. My truck jumps to attention now when you nail the gas.

Do you have any pics of how the 275 sits. I'm used to my blazer which hooks pretty well and these 245s just make smoke. I went through my 80e and dual fed the direct drum and deleted the accumulators so I'm hoping my trans will be good for a while.

Reaction score
This is the best sideshot I got and it just looks like a lot more tire will fit. I dont have many pics since the truck is still crusty from sitting for a while

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of how the 275 sits. I'm used to my blazer which hooks pretty well and these 245s just make smoke. I went through my 80e and dual fed the direct drum and deleted the accumulators so I'm hoping my trans will be good for a while.
Sure, I have a lot of pics of my truck. I dropped the back 2". The front is OE. Just used a set of drop shackles. Oh, and I did add about 200# of weight around the receiver hitch. Welded in some steel bars for traction. This was before the truetrac. The extra weight may have dropped the back a little, but not much. My truck sits level. Front to back. From a dead stop, nail the gas, and it jumps to attention. Hooks up very well. If I make it spin the tires, it will, but just nail it, and there is very little wheel spin if any. This is in a straight line. It almost barks a second when shifting out of first. It does have a shift kit. If there is any curve in the road, then yes, it will spin the tires, or if the road is wet at all. I did what I could to make it hook up, and not spin. Spinning aint winning. Because of the way it hooks up, and how quick the throttle response is, I get a lot of people from green light to green light. I know I was running a 15 second quarter mile, before the rear end, and transmission rebuilds, and my truck is faster now. I havent timed it yet.

Last edited: