OBD1 ALDL data logging cable setup help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
ok I have a 1994 obd1 tbi 5.7. I have a 12 pin usb plug. I cant seem to get it to stream data to my laptop. I have been trying to use winALDL and so far I have found under configuration where you select com ports that com3 says ok, the rest say error. I have no clue how to set this thing up to stream data and I am getting frustrated with it.

I know some of you have experience wit. h obd data logging, wondering if you would mind helping me out here. I am running windows 8.1

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
This is so hard to set up I just don't get it. I downloaded the drivers for the cable and its all set up. I downloaded the tunerproRT and the xdf file for my truck and loaded the xdf into tunerpro. I then went to tools>preferences>data acquisition and selected com3 and did the test and it says it detected the cable and its working. I hit the data stream button and nothing happens? its just not getting any info from my truck what so ever. someone please help me out here.

I should note that I cant DL the newer XDF which is for version 5.0 and higher because when I right click on it to save it wont let me save as xdf only html? the older one for versions before 5.0 will save as xdf.

eiriktveiten

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just started playing with tunerpro rt. My engine setup is way different tho bc I swapped a LTX using an f body pcm with a 16 pin diagnostic port.. program might still work for you tho

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I got it to run at last! I made a data log and saved the file, but when I run the file it plays but there is not info in it? everything is blank? what did I do wrong?