O2 sensor wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 93 k1500 4x4 4.3 5 speed. I picked it up cheap and trying to get it running better. I was going to change the o2 sensor and noticed the wire had been cut and crimped to a red wire instead of to any kind of factory harness. So I followed the wire and it was just laying on top of the motor not connected to anything. How should I go about hooking the new o2 sensor? I do not see the factory connector hanging near the 02 sensor and I dont know where it would lead to any how since the rigged in wire just ended with no connection.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You're looking for a dark purple wire that will be in the general area of the middle-to-driver's side of the firewall. It's in that section of harness contained in the large flex loom that runs across the firewall there; generally the purple wire would come out towards the driver's side and have an inline connector right there as it would hook to the O2 sensor with a fairly generous length pigtail, at the driver's side exhaust manifold.

Richard

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I have been busy. Thanks for the infoI will look in the morning.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I finally found it. A previous owner had somehow cut the connector and hooked it to the knock sensor on the driver side above the oil filter. I doubt it but could that have fried anything? So now I need to know where to look for a wire for the knock sensor.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I forget the color; I think it's dark blue, but it comes down in the much smaller harness run on the passenger side of the firewall along with the starter solenoid wiring. If your pigtail has been cut off too short or screwed up otherwise you can get one from the parts store. Knock sensor connector usually brittle and broken by now if it's been removed more than a couple times. Be sure the wire gets wrapped up with the others and routed down through that metal tube on the backside of the engine as that helps keep it protected.

Richard