NV4500 Swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont live too far away from you
would you want to sell your old nv3500?
i am kldirectv at gmail dot com
thanks

My 3500 is core worthy only. Needs a rebuild. It kicks out of reverse and second gear syncro is gone. Lots of end play on the mainshaft as well. But Ill sell if you still want it. Welcome to the site btw.

kldirectv2

Reaction score
Sorry about font size , cant tell how big it is until i saw it on post
but my email is still the same kldirectv2 AT gmail DOT com
i have a nv3500 also that is also just good for parts so i figure i mix and match with what you have left over
g0dspeed, Karl Lent z

My 3500 is core worthy only. Needs a rebuild. It kicks out of reverse and second gear syncro is gone. Lots of end play on the mainshaft as well. But Ill sell if you still want it. Welcome to the site btw.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just an update but I have had the nv4500 for roughly three months and everything seems to be fine. My external slave works well with my internal style master cylinder. I believe that it has more travel than the trans would have originally. Also it loosened up a lot. NOT made to race tho. 2k drop between gears so.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just an observation not worthy of a new thread but I noticed in ebscohost that the labor time for a clutch job is 6.1 hours for my truck with the 3500 and 4.7 with the 4500??? And I double check to make sure I wasn't crazy but a trans R&R is th same story. Anybody know why?

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
that seems long to me. Maybe it's because of 4x4?

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just curious why 2 different times tho especially since the heavier of the two is supposedly faster.