Not Running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluemagic98

Reaction score
Hey hows it going. I'm looking for some insight to my truck issue. Shes a 98 k2500 350 vortec, she'll start up and as soon as it goes to rev up she shuts down. I'm completely stumped please help.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So when you say rev up do you mean when you push the gas or when it tries to idle high to warm up? Have you stuck a fuel pressure gauge on it to see if its got proper fuel pressure? I am not familiar with the vortecs, so I do not know of any specific circuits that could trip to make the truck stall. But if it were me and it doesn't have any codes I would check the fuel pressure.

Will it run if you keep your foot on the gas?? That could mean something else all together.

bluemagic98

Reaction score
I have 60 psi plenty of pressure. And rev up as in high idle. Puttin it to the rug dont do anything at all. But itll keep go on ether.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it stays running on the spray than its obviously a fuel problem. You may have a problem with the injector spider. Or something not allowing the injectors to fire properly. Maybe if the spider had been replaced they may have broke the clips that hold the wiring in. They are super fragile maybe it came loose. I don't know. Just tossing out ideas.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The regulator on that thing runs off of the engine vacuum inside the manifold if its cracked or has a leak it might not work properly.

bluemagic98

Reaction score
Exactlly thats wat im leanin towards. but as u may or may not know its a b*tch to get to.