Not a gmt400 but it is my new truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
that should give it a good throaty sound that aint real raspy. make sure to keep us updated....with pics! lol

Ya I also threw around the idea of no mufflers at all because I am broke and making payments on this now. I just have to talk to my exhaust guy and see how much he will charge for no muffler and then if it gets old I'll buy a thrush and throw it on there.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my local exhaust guy charges $220 for true dual straights with factory cats. IMO they sound badass true dualed with no mufflers. been throwing around that idea for my 01 4.8. its already y piped with no muffler and it sounds pretty good but no cackle. he told me just to make it true dualed with what i already have it would be $65.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
On my last truck the guy charged me 100 even to bend up some new pipe to run around the spring hangers after the sas and leave the cats on and no mufflers true dualed dumped about a foot past the cab.

I just like the way this truck sounds so I may just go no mufflers at first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYFNMiXSwYw

I have no idea how to embed youtube videos so you'll have to deal with that.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my last truck the guy charged me 100 even to bend up some new pipe to run around the spring hangers after the sas and leave the cats on and no mufflers true dualed dumped about a foot past the cab.

yea thats how i want mine to sound. and i dont think his smoke is caused from needing an oil change lol

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Clean new truck! If i had black id murder it out but that is kinda trendy now. Quick question about your old SAS. What length were your front springs? I have 47" long and I know I have a ton of leafs and it's super stiff. So I was thinking of some 47" ez rides. Any thought? Not trying to thread jack.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Clean new truck! If i had black id murder it out but that is kinda trendy now. Quick question about your old SAS. What length were your front springs? I have 47" long and I know I have a ton of leafs and it's super stiff. So I was thinking of some 47" ez rides. Any thought? Not trying to thread jack.

When i sold it I had some 47 inch 4 inch lift springs they rode really well for me. They were some procomps and were stiff but with the big block they kind of had to be. What size lift springs are you running now? If I were to do it over again I would completely skip 47s and go with 52s

Nice lookin truck, even though it's not an OBS.

Thanks man

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score

There you go buddy, Take the link and put and [/video <-- can't close this without it hyperlinking.