Noisy interior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know about y'all but my oBS has a very noisy interior. I hear a lot of road noise. Are there any fairly cheap ways to get a quieter cab?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Pull out all the interior and put down sound deadener

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Al used some of that lizard skin and said it wasn't worth it iirc

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Al used some of that lizard skin and said it wasn't worth it iirc

Sound deadening is totally worth it... Maybe not that particular brand but in general it is... I'll be putting it on the roof of the dually while it doesn't have a headliner

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

skyrodder

Reaction score
I have heard mix things about peel n seal from Lowes, its a roofing product that works good as a sound deadner, I have heard that it stinks like tar too, I bought some and cut a piece off and left it under my seat for 2 weeks now here in Houston Texas Heat, no smell at all, So I will put this down on floors inside doors as well as behind rear seat (ext cab, where there is nothing at all, no padding nothing) then I will be adding another product on top for insulation and a lil more sound deadnig called ez cool. A 4' x 10' roll of ez cool is about $50 bux shipped and the peel n seal is about $16 a roll of 6" by 25'. I will let you know how it comes out if you havent done anything already

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
its not as thick as the real stuff. But I uses it in on of my cars double up and it cured the rattlea from my atereo back in,the day. Never noticed a smell either

Adam

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone else used the stuff from lowes? Anyone have it start smelling? How well does it work?

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have heard mix things about peel n seal from Lowes, its a roofing product that works good as a sound deadner, I have heard that it stinks like tar too, I bought some and cut a piece off and left it under my seat for 2 weeks now here in Houston Texas Heat, no smell at all, So I will put this down on floors inside doors as well as behind rear seat (ext cab, where there is nothing at all, no padding nothing) then I will be adding another product on top for insulation and a lil more sound deadnig called ez cool. A 4' x 10' roll of ez cool is about $50 bux shipped and the peel n seal is about $16 a roll of 6" by 25'. I will let you know how it comes out if you havent done anything already
And yes please do let me know how it works out.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FatMat all the way, dont cut corners and use hardware store stuff, FatMat has got to be one of the best investments ive made on any vehicle ive ever owned, remember if its worth doing its worth doing right.