No Start No Spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy1690

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to your site.. I have an issue with my 92 Shortbed reg. cab. It does have the 350 tbi in it. So to cover the whole story here.. every now and then its was hard to start after sitting for awhile.. cycle the key a few times and it would eventually fire up and go.. figured it needed a fuel pump, replaced that along with the filter, and fuel pump relay, also rebuilt tbi. Now on to what its doing now, it does crank but will not start, there is no spark coming from the coil.. checked it with a friend holding a screw driver in it.. lol.. I have replaced the coil, and the ignition module. tried a new cap and rotor this morning too.. no luck.. also I did a tune up on it a few week ago.. new wires, plugs, cap and rotor. So I have checked the pink wire on the gray connector at the ignition coil and it does have power with the key on, also have power on the little pink wire on the black connector from the coil going to the ignition module, also checked the white wire from the black connector on the coil to the ign. module for continuity and its good as well.. Also I have checked the pick up coil inside the dist. for ohms and it reads right around 800ohms.. which is normal from what I have read.. I don't know what else to check guys.. I don't wanna jus keep throwing parts at it.. I wanna know what is causing this.. I need some help please!

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Maybe a bad crankshaft position sensor? Or the wires from the PCM to the CKP or Distributor?

Chevy1690

Reaction score
Got the NEW ignition module checked at autozone and found out that is bad.. And had the old on checked as well.. The old and the new one was bad for the same reason! Put an other new ign. Module in it.. Fired right up

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Got the NEW ignition module checked at autozone and found out that is bad.. And had the old on checked as well.. The old and the new one was bad for the same reason! Put an other new ign. Module in it.. Fired right up

IGN modules these days are known or being bad out of the box. Always get them tested before you leave the store. So damn hard to find good parts these days.

Glad you got it figured out.

Chevy1690

Reaction score
No joke bud.. Seems that way with a lot of electrical parts anymore.. And they are not cheap

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
God forbid, if it fails again, go with an ACDelco D1943A module. At this present time, that one is still made by the OEM as far as I know, still has the GM watermark on it. There really is no good aftermarket option for these.

Just for the sake of knowledge, where did you buy the new modules and what brand were they?

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
God forbid, if it fails again, go with an ACDelco D1943A module. At this present time, that one is still made by the OEM as far as I know, still has the GM watermark on it. There really is no good aftermarket option for these.

Just for the sake of knowledge, where did you buy the new modules and what brand were they?

Not even Borg Warner? Those are the ones I have preferred.

Chevy1690

Reaction score
Kind of tight on cash so I bought a valuecraft from Autozone.. Yes I know.. First mistake.. But I jus exchanged it for a duralast since I had them test the valuecraft and it turned out bad.. But I know now that Delco would be the best way to go on issues like this

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Kind of tight on cash so I bought a valuecraft from Autozone.. Yes I know.. First mistake.. But I just exchanged it for a duralast since I had them test the valuecraft and it turned out bad.. But I know now that Delco would be the best way to go on issues like this

I actually had a Masterpro from O'reilly's out last a couple Borg Warners on my '96. That thing loved to eat IGN modules.