no spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newbie135

Reaction score
When my 94 gmc 4.3 sits it wont fire, when it cranks up, I can drive it anywhere, cut it off cut it on , runs like a new truck. Let it sit a few hours , wont start again. like the coil is not firing at all. Only code im getting is oxygen sensor open circuit. im stumped . heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get your ignition module checked out at one of the parts stores... it's the module in the distributer..

sent from what use to be a great country...

newbie135

Reaction score
Get your ignition module checked out at one of the parts stores... it's the module in the distributer..

sent from what use to be a great country...

Hey thanks for the quick reply, as you can tell Im not much of a mechanic , Ill get that checked out today, thanks. If I buy a whole new distributor on Ebay , does it come with one inside?

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the quick reply, as you can tell Im not much of a mechanic , Ill get that checked out today, thanks. If I buy a whole new distributor on Ebay , does it come with one inside?
I would just replace the ignition module if that tests bad. Unless the distributor has problems already.

newbie135

Reaction score
I would just replace the ignition module if that tests bad. Unless the distributor has problems already.

Thanks, Im gonna try that today, this truck only has 89k on it , and most of that was ran on natural gas. It allways runs smooth as glass till this started going on .

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Thanks, Im gonna try that today, this truck only has 89k on it , and most of that was ran on natural gas. It allways runs smooth as glass till this started going on .
Ive always wondered how much cheaper it was running natural gas. What kind of mpg are you getting with it and how much is it a gallon?

newbie135

Reaction score
Ok , update on no spark, thx for the information first, I put on a new cap an rotor an took off the module to have it tested. Pretty much knew what it was then, the two prongs that plug into the sensor on the distributor shaft looked pretty bad. I used a wire brush on em but ended up having to scrape em with a knife to get the corrosion off. Put it back together an got up at 3 am . it cranked , lol went out again at 7am an cranked right up again, even though the truck is frozen . thx for the help.

Ive never ran this truck on natural gas for two reasons. One my bottle is out of certification , and secondly theres only a hand full of nat gas stations in the whole state. Right now natural gas is going at $1.50 a gallon. I hear you lose like 15% of your performance running it . If they decide to get serious with natural gas Ill get mine certified, right now theyre capping wells an pumping bare minimum . Trying to keep the price of gas up right. I cant even get a natural gas line to my house an I live on top of the Arkansas shale find. I bought this truck at an auction , only had 70k miles on it an I only payed $2200. for it . If you buy a truck thats been run on nothing but natural gas , expect it to run smooth as glass. Just like a brand new one.

Last edited:

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I work with people that used to service natural gas engines and after 6 months the oil looked almost brand new still, that said the were duel fuel conversations and had a learning curve and I've been told as with propane the tune up has to be kept up iffy plugs, wires, caps etc don't work.