No more BS what rebuild kit is the best

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCNuneZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright guys I have been looking everywhere for a rebuild kit for my 1994 4l60e I thought I was going to purchase one from monster transmission with a torque converter will a 4th of July 10% discount came out to $624 total but I have heard some bad and some good about monster transmission and I'm not sure who else can give me all the same parts(e.g. The vette servo, torque converter, shift kit, ect) for the same price I have looked at oregon performance but they seem to be about $100-$150 more than monster transmission and I only have $650 to spend. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Happy 4th of July! God Bless America
You must be registered for see images attach

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Talk to Rhino on here. He builds transmissions as his job and has a website.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
pro built automatics, i got my rebuild kit for an astro van, had the higher stall converter and i got pro builts upgrade kit. used them in a few fbodies and love their stuff. the whole rebuild kit and upgrade is like 600 like the monster unit, but i personally dont trust monster.

GMCNuneZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you end up buying the monster kit? I'm going through the exact same thing you are :banghead:

No I didn't buy the kit too many bad experiences people have had through my searching of if they are good or not too many people had bad things to say.

T.R.U.C.K.S. Two Thousand Eleven

Mdauch

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ended up with monster. the guy who's rebuilding has 40+ years experience and is charging me $24/ per hour, his shop that he works for charges 88. so i'm getting a good deal. tranny looked excellent in his opinion no excessive wear other than valve body plate (broke spring and banged it up pretty good), 3-4 clutch pack (go figure :dancingpoop: ) and there was a spring off of something (cant remeber but it had a lot of springs) that engaged(?) reverse

GMCNuneZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went with a guy on here goes by Rhino got me everything I need and then some for $490 shipped. And having the rebuild done for free

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I had such a bad experience with Monster I started building my own transmissions lmao...

Oregon Performance on eBay is very knowledgeable and helpful. Also Wittrans.com