No fm radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuctTape4Ever

Reaction score
Ever since I bought my truck i have had no fm radio, it picks up am ok. So far I have replaced the antenna, and wire to the back of the radio. Still, When i turn it to fm it is dead, no static, nothing. Clock works and the am radio and presets all work

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The best thing I did to my truck for sounds is I replaced the stock radio to a Alpine head unit the sound is 100% better if your on a budget look for one on eBay me I bought one from a member here and it is still working super but I did buy another off of eBay that has more features.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
If it's the stock radio, it's probably done. Time to upgrade. Shoot, you can buy an aftermarket CD player with aux inputs for $30 these days.

DuctTape4Ever

Reaction score
If it's the stock radio, it's probably done. Time to upgrade. Shoot, you can buy an aftermarket CD player with aux inputs for $30 these days.

Does the alpine unit fit where the stock radio is or do I have to put it in the middle of the dash. I'll just buy a stock one from the junkyard if I can't find one that will fit in the stock location. I absolutely hate the idea of reaching across the dash to change the station. Then if the radio is there I can't have a cassette deck