Newer HVAC panel blinks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerrys1990

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The manual I've got for '88 shows the actuators running on 8V. The later trucks ('92+) ran on 5V, IIRC:
You must be registered for see images attach

So I don't think changing your actuators will make a difference, as the head unit will be checking the reference voltage signal.
Nice schematic. Thanks. Well shoot.....guess I need a good '90 control unit. I'll keep a lookout at the yard.....evilbay's prices are stupid.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The manual I've got for '88 shows the actuators running on 8V. The later trucks ('92+) ran on 5V, IIRC:
You must be registered for see images attach

So I don't think changing your actuators will make a difference, as the head unit will be checking the reference voltage signal.
Very interesting. OnDemand5 is a little less clear on this point (8v vs 5v). But changing the actuators to the 92-94 versions absolutely SHOULD fix this issue because then the actuators will match the controller he's using, therefore the return voltage should be correct per the actuator positions.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Hmm. Well, if Jerry would like to tackle that project I'd be interested in the end result. I've got a bunch of those head units on my shelf. Rock Auto shows some of the same options between actuator doors, but also has different options available between '89 and '94...

Jerrys1990

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm. Well, if Jerry would like to tackle that project I'd be interested in the end result. I've got a bunch of those head units on my shelf. Rock Auto shows some of the same options between actuator doors, but also has different options available between '89 and '94...
I'll be tacking my door bushings first. Since it's summer and the rig has broken A/C, the actuators aren't as concerning at this time. Rest assured I'll update this thread as soon as I figure it out. I appreciate everyone's comments.