Newbie from NY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banana cognac

Reaction score
What's up everybody?

My names Frank and I'm from Southern NY, about an hour north of NYC. I've been lurking around here gathering information for the past few weeks as I was sorting out a deal to buy my new truck. Luckily for me, it worked out! I'm going to be a junior at Syracuse University in the fall, and really needed something to get me back and forth to school, and something that would suit my future needs as well.

I ended up buying an 1989 C3500 Single Cab Dually. The truck is in excellent shape for it's age, has 60,*** original miles and I couldn't be happier. It has the 454/automatic combo and stock am/fm cassette player. The previous owner put on chrome simulators and resprayed the truck from blue to white. The color blue that it was, is actually the same as the '93 GMC Suburban I've been driving for the past few years.

My future plans for the truck are tow mirrors (either the old school, bolt to the door stainless kind, or the telescopic ones off of a GMT800), a new head unit (which I'll definitely need help figuring out how to do the swap), and a trailer brake controller. I would also like to put a bench seat out of a later model truck so that I have an arm rest and a cup holder, but that won't be done in the immediate future.

As of right now, I race oval track go karts on pavement and I help crew on a big block DIRT Modified. Part of the reason for getting this type of truck was for the capability of pulling a trailer in the future. I've been looking for a single cab dually for a very, very long time but they're absolutely impossible to find around here, especially in the shape that this truck is in.

In the short time I've spent snooping around on this board, I've learned a great deal about these trucks and I hope to be a positive contributor to the forum. I still have a lot to learn about this particular platform, but I'm excited as all hell to have my new rig. Here are some pictures I took from my iPhone today once I got her home:

You must be registered for see images attach

And here are a few quick shots of my racing kart:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome, nice truck, and it sound's like you have some good plans for it also! I really dig the Kart's too!

banana cognac

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. The more I think about it, the more I would like to do to the truck. What came to mind this morning was a dual electric fan setup, and I definitely need a new muffler at the least because she's WAY too quiet lol

Does anybody have a go to aftermarket supplier for these rigs?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
It took a little work, but I'm happy with my dual electric fan setup using fans out of a ford windstar minivan...here's my writeup http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?11382-Windstar-Electric-Fan-Install another fan that people like to use is the single fan out of a Lincoln Mark VIII http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthr...II-your-OBS-on-a-budget-!&highlight=mark+viii both of those you can get for about 50 bucks at a junkyard, but for anything I need new for my truck I usually go with Jegs, Summit Racing, or JC Whitney

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
:welcome: from Mississippi, Frank!!!! Glad to have you join up with us.

banana cognac

Reaction score
Thanks again guys. I'm a member on a bunch of different forums and this one reminds me a lot of the local Mustang forum I'm on. I had two fox body's before I got this rig, so I guess I've been all over the place with vehicles lol

If all goes well, I should have my plates from the DMV today! Man, NY is such a PITA to deal with sometimes....