Newbie '98 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam_B

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I figured I'd introduce myself after using this forum for a while as a resource. I picked up a '98 K1500 Z71 late last summer since I needed a truck and something to tinker with. There's not much I can do with my daily driver without making it impractical, so it doesn't help much when I like working on my vehicles. I picked the truck up locally from the back lot of a dealership before it went to auction. It had good tires and no fluid leaks, but needed some work. Since then I've done a full tune-up, swapped all of the exterior light housings with some cheap replacements, and replaced the fuel tank, pump, and the lines. More recently, I fought with the old hub bearings and put in some new Bilsteins to replace the originals. All of that work smoothed everything out and made it more reliable mechanically.

Otherwise, I detailed the interior some, removed the purple window tint, and added the side-projecting ditch lights. It may be missing some clear coat and have the normal rust, but I'll get to that at a later time after it is better mechanically. I also have a cap that I finally found locally to put on, but I need to paint it first.

Prior to switching careers, I was a Chevrolet technician and became pretty familiar with these trucks. There is something to them that I have always been drawn to, not to mention they are pretty easy to work on.

You must be registered for see images attach

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. If it isn't in here you likely don't really need it. Looks like a nice truck.

Adam_B

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. If it isn't in here you likely don't really need it. Looks like a nice truck.

I agree. The information I've pulled from this forum has been very valuable. It's been a good truck so far, especially for the price I paid.

bowtie-72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome, yes these trucks grow on you. Don’t worry about your paint, patina is in now. I’m still working on mine LOL.