New shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My shocks are blown, and I've been considering buying new ones. What do you guys recommend? The truck is a '94 GMC C/1500 RCLB without any lift. Its used mostly on the street but does go offroad. I was thinking of maybe just getting the cheap KYB GR2 shocks, but I might get Rancho.

silversport

Reaction score
I'll second that...mine weren't shot when I replaced my factory GM Bilstein's (slightly less vigorous than Bilstein HDs) because I thought the problem WAS the OE shocks...I think Bilstein's are the best and no rougher ride than OEs...
Bill

silversport

Reaction score
I don't know if this helps but I read a study some time back about Bilstein's being used in cabs and police cars...rough duty to be sure...from new to about 100K miles they performed the same...after the 100K mark they started...started mind you to degrade in performance...I can't speak to KYB other than to state I recall them being a premium brand...
Bill

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bilsteins are more money and better but if you're on a budget I'd go with KYB. My stock Bilstein shocks did last 79,000 KM over a 12 year span though, changed them out a few days ago.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
please show me where i can get KYB monomax for z71 1500 cheaper than Bilstein HDs on eshocks.com???

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bilsteins if you got the money, but if not KYB's aint bad.

Also weren't you thinking about coil spacers and blocks or something?