New seat upolstery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Looks like this. See how that outer ring is so shiny? It's really smooth and I love the feel of it. It might not even be leather, I think it is, but I could be wrong.

You must be registered for see images

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Looks like this. See how that outer ring is so shiny? It's really smooth and I love the feel of it. It might not even be leather, I think it is, but I could be wrong.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yup! That's a leather wrapped wheel! They get that smooth feel after being used. It's the oils in your hands along with the movement of the wheel that gives it that polish.
That wheel is very cool! If I was more of an electrician, I'd attempt to put that in an OBS! I've seen steering wheel controls from other GM vehicles put into an OBS, but the controls were in between the spokes of the wheel, not built into the wheel itself.
To answer your 'Q' about if I can do that, look back in the thread to see my comment on that! Lol!
I've attempted this twice, so far. Hoping #3 is the last time!

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
well im just going to poke my head in here a smidge ,having basically no interior experience either...BUT what i do have is a Classic Industries catalog for our trucks that have OE replacement (repro) kits for our seats...i just have one problem. my truck factory has an odd seat. it shows my seat being the front seat of an ext cab truck, not for a RC. sooo, i wont be buying that kit cuz i dont need the other half of the kit for a seat i dont have.

That's a pretty good price, but only if you need all of the seats recovered. A lot if you have to buy the whole kit just for one seat!
If you go to this link, the page has an expanded view feature if you hover over the pic. Don't know if it was a quicky install, or if that's the way all their covers fit, but that kind of 'quality' would never go out the door of my shop!

http://www.classicindustries.com/truck/parts/w1009200236.html

Click on the seat pic to access the expando feature.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Will it eventually go bad, though? Mine is rather bumpy and it isn't "polished" like you said would happen after time. Do they get too old, or is it a matter of the type of leather, or the care?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. My computer went B-b-boom!!!
The leather that is used for the steering wheels is not the always the prime stuff! The leather is cut for the wheels outa what's leftover from the hide after the seat covers are cut out. More than likely the cover on your wheel was cut from the shoulder or close to the neck. Not the best part of the hide.