New/Rebuilt NV3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb and saying that because of it's age, new NV3500's are not available anymore? Anyone have any luck with rebuilt ones? If so, where did you get it rebuilt? Mine is having issues. I'm looking into getting one soon. Any help? Thanks guys.

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I think the best thing is to find a reputable trans shop in your area that doesn't charge a arm and leg. A good shop will give you a 3yr 100,000 warranty. If you have a problem just drop the truck off and let them deal with it rather than pulling the trans and shipping it somwhere. Not to mention the perks that come with knowing knowledgeable people in your area.

barry_g

Reaction score
Ebay has some offerings. Some of those places crank these out like cup cakes...mail in your old one.

..and try to find a billet hurst shifter. The plastic base seems to be the only longevity problem, misaligns forks, and then bearings.
The hurst is incredible.
other than that, these are underrated max torque figures, for the 4x4 lo multiplier.

it is 450 foot pound like all the other gm offerings...not limited to 300.
have fun, I am going to do a swap/rebuild some day, but no end in sight as of now...350 k miles. Genuine gm build on a v8.

pay attention to your part number...they are all called nv3500, it gets more precise than that.
the only accurate derived facts from that are...if it came with your v8 from factory, and that is should sound like a supercharger if it did.
Extra fine bearing somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just for clarity, google NV3500 torque rating and you will find that it is rated at 300 foot pounds of torque. I'm not saying that some of them don't live under extreme conditions. I'm just saying that GM couldn't trust them to live behind a big block or a diesel and still offer a warranty.