NEW MEMBER with lifted 96.. finally getting close to where i want to be

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought this truck back in december, it was snowing pretty bad and the woman was griping so i just paid the dude cash with out checking out truck (bad mistake).. so on the way home notice it had a bad vibration.. well i get it home in the garage and check it out and WOW is all i have to say, the truck was hit very very hard in the front causing the old lift to be bent back about a good 3in and also causing major frame damage.. Well long story short i basically find out i bought a big paper weight not even close to being suited for the road...

I decide to then completly restore the truck since the body has 0 rust and is stright for the most part with a nice interior.. i replaced the frame with one from a 98 gmc sierra and also in the process i had my tranny rebuilt with bullet parts and also had trans case rebuilt.. i ordered a NEW fabtech 6in lift with blisten 5100s all the way around. since everything else is new i went ahead and replaced all front steering parts and ball joints with MOOG parts.. from there i find the there is a pretty major oil pan and rear main leak so i pulled the motor and did a stock rebuild (hone,rings,bearings,gaskets,ect ect) nothing special.. i put a stock exhaust back on the truck because i dont care for the typical chevy sound that EVERYONE has so thought i would be different..

then from there i decided to order a new grill and pait it since old was cracked, smoked headlights (corners havnt came in yet) tow mirrors, smoked cab lights, smoked tail lights and re did interior with LED lights..

Future mods include either 3in body lift on 38s or just leaving how it is for a tow rig and get bfg AT 35s... if i decide to go with the 38s i will re gear to a 456 (might go bigger) and once i figure out how to do the front ill do that also, just really worried about the stock 10bolt going out, this truck has broke me lol..

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
clean truck, not a fan of the big wheels though, but that's just me on anything. I like a meaty sidewall.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
You sure have turned it around. It looks good, like said before i think it would look better with more sidewall but youve got a nice truck nonetheless

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys yeah im working on getting bigger tires.. soon as i build up more funds a 3in body and prolly 37s are to come, but for now this is all i have to work with bc i picked up a 95 today with a 4in rancho lift and 3in body lift on 35s.. the white truck will be the daily / tow rig to haul my cobra and the green truck will be my hunting and mudding truck... the 95 is super clean got it for a steal, also has true duals, 456 gears, massive tranny cooler, brush guard, crappy rancho 5000 shocks lol and for some odd reason RED under glow lights???? yes those will be off tomorrow haha..

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck. I kinda like the street tires. Makes it different from everyone else.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clean truck man. I like the cab lights and how they are different from all the other ones by being spaced out evenly instead of 3 close in the middle.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Black corners and it will be sick. Headlights look good in the pictures now. Smaller wheels and larger tires and you got yourself a clean truck

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys i got smoked corner lenses btw just havnt put them in... here are pics of both my trucks..