New member saying hi !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bxander831

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum.
This is actually the first forum I have ever been a part of.
I have grown a deep interest in the 88-98 models of GMC and Chevrolet C1500s.

My father had a '57 GMC RCSS.

It was a work truck. He took took me and my brother in it everytime he went to do some work.

As I got older my dad bought an SUV which he used as a work vehicle.

The GMC needed too much work to repair, my father thought.

I disagreed and wanted the truck for myself. He sold it.

I new I had wanted a truck when I got older, just like his.

My interest lies within the C1500 models, specifically from the years 1988-1994.

He knew I have been in the market for a truck for the past year, and recently surprised me by buying me a truck from a family friend.

However, I have specific preferences for the truck I want.

I want a GMC or Chevy C1500 v8 regular cab short bed stepside automatic with under 100k original miles.

The truck he bought me is a:

1995 GMC Sierra SL C1500
Longbed Fleetside
v8 350 5.7L
with a towing package, clean title, leer camper shell, rhino bed liner, smogged, and registered in CA for the next 11 months.

The truck was bought from a family friend who worked on the US Navy base in San Diego CA.

Although I am grateful for the truck he bought me, it is not what I had wanted.

The most important aspect is that it is a shortbed. I just hate longbeds.

I looked into the process for a long bed to short bed conversion, and the cost to do it would out-weigh the price my dad paid.

So we agreed to sell it and seek a truck that fits my preferences, so we can both take a trip down memory lane of an updated version of my dad's old '57.

I understand I am not supposed to post a classified until i have at least 50 posts, but just wanted to try this way by introducing myself and story.

If you are in the Northern California area (specifically near Sacramento) , or if you know of someone looking for a truck out this way in this condition,
please contact me. Askin $3000 or best offer. Kelly Blue Book for excellent is $3,800. This truck has minor cosmetic issues.

You must be registered for see images attach

I am also seeking for a truck here in California that does meet my preference.
If you know anyone selling a truck that meets my needs here in Cali, please let me know.

I am looking for a:
1988-1998 (preferably 88-94)
GMC or Chevy C1500
V8 automatic
Single Cab and SHORTBED
Stepside a plus!!!!! Tow package a plus!!!
Would like under 180,000 miles
I will be using as a daily driver
Budget around $3000

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
Don't think that a short box 1/2 ton 2whldr. was ever offered with a tow package from the factory. They were considered more to be delivery or light duty vehicles. Not saying that you can't have a hitch on one though! I have a hitch on my '97, (RCSB, 2/4 drop, V6 stick.) & I've towed my '98, on a trailer with that. Not something that I would want to do a lot of or for any great distance! Once I got it all rolling, I also had to get it stopped! Clenched butt cheeks & some white knuckles! And a prayer or two! With a couple of curse words thrown in for effect! Way overloaded!

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and good luck finding what you want. I too am a fan of shortbeds. Especially on a 2wd.