new member, new truck.. send me opinions and advice carbed k2500

carb or tbi

• carb

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • tbi

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacob Parris

Reaction score
hey everybody, I'm Jacob. I've owned a few of these trucks, started with a 96 k1500 with a 305, grenaded when I was 18 cause I like to raise hell, currently dailying a 95 k1500, 350 6 inch lift and 35's, just bought a 91 k2500 with a carbed 350 and a rod knock. I bought this 91 2500 for $500 with the intent of using the axle and a few body panels then scraping/parting the rest out. after thinking about it , I've decided that I think I want to rebuild the 350, leave it stock height, and DD it for a few years then finally purchase a newer truck altogether. my question is, should I leave the carb in this new truck to use for daily driving, or should I swap back to tbi when I rebuild this engine? engine rebuild will likely be 355 with edelbrock tbi performer, and holley OE replacement throttle body, and of course all new internals. I personally am more familiar with tbi than I am carburetors so that's a plus for me, and winters get pretty cold here, and to my knowledge carburetors can be a real ***** in colder weather. I have not dug into the harness yet to see what they had to do to swap the truck in the first place, so I am not sure what all I need to replace. just looking for opinions on the next step right now. thanks yall.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
x2 on the no to the carb. my old 92 used to have a carb on it and it sucked so much donkey ass to get it to start in colder weather

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd take the path if least resistance. I'm primarily anti-carb, but acknowledge how well my Crown Vic ran with the Edelbrock even in the dead if winter.