New Member Intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckey

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm a long time FSC guy but really haven't spent much time on the forums in a while. Just a little back story.

I started out with my first 400, which was a Charcoal Grey 1999 extended cab k1500 3.42 14 bolt SF. Had a 3" body lift on 35x12.50R15 Installed motive 4.10 gears, had a built transmission and a 383 stroker built for it:
You must be registered for see images attach

Loved that truck wish I would have never sold it, but it went towards the down payment on my house. Owned that truck for 6 years.
For a while when I was working on the 99, I bought a 1995 2500 6 lug 4x4 nothing special, had some troubles with the PMD, but looking back I wish I would have kept it for my daily driver. Picked it up for cheap, sold it for what I bought it for.

After the selling both my OBS trucks I ended up buying a charcoal grey 2007 NNBS CCSB, didn't like the truck at all, got rid of it shortly after and picked up this 04 CCSB 2500hd 6.0. This has been my main rig: 6 inch rcx 35x12.50R20 fun country's on Ultra 225 wheels. 4.10 gears.

Then finally, last week I picked up this DD/ Winter Truck to replace my roached out ford ranger. I work at a cement plant, so a beater is a must!

It is a 1999 Classic k1500 Gmc. The color is what drew me to the truck, picked it up for 1700 bucks with 156000. Everything worked well, intake gaskets were replaced, interior is clean, maintenance was taken care of. Only problem is its rusty. Its a 350 with 3.42s and g80, however this one only has a 10 bolt rear.
I instantly fell in love with this rusty thing, cranked and put some 1" blocks in the rear, and stuck some old 35" nittos off my white truck on the stock wheels. I like this thing more then my 04 to tell you the truck, ha, and hoping after this winter maybe I can order some patch panels and clean her up a little.

So there is my GMT400 story, and it feels damn good to have a OBS again!
Buck

buckey

Reaction score

One more shot, can't believe the 315/75 fit as well as they do.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I'm disappointed I just spent money on new 285's... I should have gotten 315's!! Do they rub at all?

Nice GMC! I'm jealous of both your classics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckey

Reaction score
Hey man i recommend them they do rub on the control arms when your turning into tight spots some times I have to do a 2 point. I had 285 on my Chevy classic back in the day and I remember wishing I had went to 315 back then. I have a full crank and 1" blocks in the back sits pretty level. Doesn't rub on fenders or bumper with stock wheels though.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
That was a '99 specific color if I'm not mistaken correct? Looks great! Those 315's look awesome on there.