New member from Canyon, Tx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rhynorr

Reaction score
Hey guy, I'm a new member to this forum and currently on my first chevy project. I have a 96 Silverado single bed stepside no motor or trans. I have a long ways to get this thing running. A buddy of mine had a 99 suburban he was selling cheap with a good running motor and trans so I figured I'd buy it and swap it into the Silverado. Going through both vehicle I noticed the pcm and engine harness are different. 96 Silverado has three plugs to pcm and 99 suburban has four plugs to pcm. My first question is Can I swap suburban harness and pcm over to Silverado?

You must be registered for see images attach

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Welcome!

96-97 have one PCM and 98 and up GMT400's have a different PCM. As far as swapping them over I think you could but since one is a suburban and one is a c1500 it might make things interesting. Someone else will have to answer for sure since I don't 100% know.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome aboard I am a scratch and dent guy so can't answer your question but plenty here that can. Looks like a nice clean truck.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Pennsylvania, man that tonneau cover is extremely rear anymore. Checkmate FX i believe. They aren't made anymore and in good condition are worth a fortune.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
welcome! you aren't far from me, i'm in amarillo. finally somebody else up here in the narnia of tx. my buddy used an engine wiring harness from a suburban in a truck once and he had to do something with the tail light or maybe brake light wiring, i don't remember which as it's been a couple years. as far as the computers go i don't have much clue. i feel like since they are both vortecs just pull the engine from the sub and drop it into the truck. then just use the computer and harness that's currently in the truck. but, i honestly have no idea lol