New Iowegian with a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schwarze_crewcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all. I just picked up an 00 k2500 ccsb with a 350. So far so good but have a few questions.

1. I am wanting to perform a coolant flush, but I can't find the drain petcock on the radiator. Truck has green coolant and I'm not sure a flush was performed as there seems to be AA film of black sludge on the inside of the radiator.

2. My fuel gauge is goofy. When drive the gauge flutters at a high rate of speed, like a hummingbird flapping its wings. Also, it reads in the red when I am at roughly half a tank.

3. I noticed the first time I filled it up, when I opened the gas cap I heard a hiss. I take that to mean the tank isn't venting correctly. I averaged 14.5 mpg the first tank, and wonder if fixing that might help some.

4. I'm the driver side of my back seat, there is a rocker switch. The wire goes under the seat and has a connector that isn't hooked to anything. What is this?

Hopefully I didn't burn out my welcome with so many question off the bat. Thanks in advance.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome!

Pet ****, passenger side lower section of the radiation
Fuel gauge, probably a sending unit at least mine was
Fuel cap, Id replace it, its cheap and easy
Rocker switch, lumbar support, mine didn't have that but maybe some one put a front seat in the back

EDIT We need pics

HIGH BOWTIE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The drain should be on the bottom of the radiator and the fuel gauge bouncing around is more than likely the sending unit oh and welcome!