New Here... with 87 GMC Sierra StepSide.... Need Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chasman75

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I realize this is an 88-96 site but technically the 87 was the first TBI prior to 88, so I feel I shouldn't get beat up too much for posting on here.

I am having a hell of a time finding the correct Hydraulic Brake Cables specifically the front left. Originally the problem was the rusted hydraulic tubing from the back of the cable. I replaced that but everywhere I go they keep offering me the wrong parts. I can tell you this. It is a 1/2 Ton Step-side, Wooden Bed, Full Cab, V8 5L 305 TBI. The parts I keep seeing come up for this truck are H38066 (L) and the H38065 (R) When I received the parts, the part is twisted too much, mine is more of a 90 degree. Anyone else out there have any ideas or came across the same problem?

Chasman75

Reaction score
Have you considered just getting a braided line?

I have not, would it just be the specific length that I would need? thanks for the reply. What I have done so far is heated up the angle on the hydraulic cable and formed it to the specific angle I needed. It just worked but I do not know if this is recommended?