New here. Living in Panama

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Espresso

Reaction score
Hello all. I've had my 1996 Suburban for a month now. Doing some searching I found this site. Looks pretty good.
Little bit about me & the 'burb.
I am a disabled veteran. I am living here with my family. I buy my toys mainly to keep my brain going & give me something to do when I feel up to it.

Enough about me.
My 'burb.
Now before anyone asks YES it is an original TBI 350. The truck was built for over seas. It also has no emissions or SRS system. It was originally equipped with a 4L60E. But for some unknown reason the P.O.'s mechanic decided to put in a 700R4 & NOT hook it up. Well after 2 rebuilds, it too a crap again. he rebuilt it AGAIN & then decided to sell it.
I bought it for $1250 & SLOWLY drove it home(about a mile).
I only really have a pic of it all together from when I first bought it. But will start a build thread on it to show what I have done so far.

Glad to be here.

You must be registered for see images

Espresso

Reaction score
Welcome, and nice project burb!
Thank You. Yours looks rather nice also. Love slammed trucks.

I love suburbans, looking forward to build pics.
check my build thread http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?5696-My-96-Suburban-C2500-build-thread

Welcome. Love Panama!
Thank You. Yes, I love it also. Wife's family is here, son is getting a GREAT education, I am getting medical done here that I could not in the states(Disabled Veteran that had to leave the United States in order for them to pay for my medical). Most here is A LOT less expensive. Which gives my more for our ''toys" :D

Espresso

Reaction score
Thank You. Have not been able to do much this last week. Between my son's birthday & my back killing me I just have not been able to. I did find that the trans started leaking more the last day or so. I went to show it to my friend yesterday & sure enough it is leaking even worse now.
I really got to get under it & see whats up. It leaked some fluid after a cooling flush(possible internal radiator leak) then stopped for a while. Without starting it or even moving it it started leaking worse than after the cooling flush.
Hopefully I can get back to working on it tomorrow.