new guy with alot of quetions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncdmax03

Reaction score
I just picked up a 95 Tahoe 4wd with a few issues for cheap. It has a bad miss like its flooding it self out and then it will catch back up. iam looking at doing a few things to it to get a little more power out of it. what all would ya suggest to do to it I was thinking a set of heads, intake, headers, exhaust, cam, and new throttle body.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
You probably have a vacuum leak that is causing the miss. For more power I would say full exhaust first. look up ultimate TBI mods for your throttle body. If you do heads and cam you might want to look into a 454 throttle body if you want to keep it TBI.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure on your budget but Edelbrock a h/c/i package if you use all the parts they send you a new chip, added a modded TBI from a place like SPR performance, for headers you want log tube or shortys? If you want shortys, can get the Flowmaster cat-back and y-pipe and add shorty headers or go longtube and do a custom exhaust setup

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is a question of how much money do you want to put into the Tahoe. You can build it on a budget and get some more performance. (E.G. cold thermostat, true duel ext. straight pipes and gut or remove the cats. If you put mufflers, then put non restrictive ones, like Magnaflow, or old school glass packs, a muffler you can see through. Flowmasters are restrictive. because they have baffles in them. A cold air filter. A larger throttle body. A tune from a shop, or at least a programmer.) If you go into the engine with a cam and heads, will the bottom end hold up to the extra power? You could do an engine swap. Check out PMCmechine.com, they have a direct replacement for your Tahoe engine with 390 H.P. with 7 year, 70,000 mile warranty for around $3000. With all that said, the first thing to do is find why it is missing and fix that. There are a lot of things that could be causing the missing. Without seeing the Tahoe run, it is hard to pinpoint where the issue is.

ncdmax03

Reaction score
ive narrowed it down to the tbi and rebuilt it and had a piece fall out when I took it out and not sure where it came from iam trying to upload a pic now

ncdmax03

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 20140913_134701.jpg
    20140913_134701.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 16

ncdmax03

Reaction score
No the flat side has a hole that's threaded and the tapered is solid I have no clue what it is