New guy with a just purchased 93 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

choclawayne1

Reaction score
Hey guys I hope this is the right place to post this (If not mod please move) I just bought a 93 2 dr Yukon for a grand obviously it needs some work but the motor has 60,000 and the transmission is 3 months old. It was a friend of a friend is how I got the deal.. but anyways the rear gate/ window lock and latch dont lock and the window wont latch. I looked on LMC and checked local parts stores for the assembly but had no luck, could someone tell me where to get the whole assembly? I dont want my stuff to get stolen! Thanks in advance!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I would first check the actuator or the lock cylinder. LMC does have actuators, but you're right, I can't seem to find that whole center latch assembly. If it isn't one of those two I mentioned, I would take it to an auto locksmith to see if he can repair it, or you could go to a junkyard and pull one. I would imagine it would be pretty easy to find at one of those, because it wold be the same on all 92-99 Tahoes, Yukons, and Suburbans with rear hatches.

You could also check craigslist to see if someone is parting one out.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Do you have any good salvage yards near you?