New guy from NY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello everyone, finally decided to join the site after awhile of lurking. I drive a '95 K1500 350 5spd, which has kinda turned into a project. After seeing alot of NY winters, its finally getting the body work that it deserves.

Heres an old picture of the truck during summer time
You must be registered for see images attach

List of things to be fixed includes:
-Radiator core support mounts, rusted through and broke, which is why the passengers side sits lower than the drivers
- Cab corners
- Lower door skins
- Rockers
- Needs new hitch (half the hardware is missing i dunno how...)
- Whole truck is getting repainted
- Needs new sending unit. For some reason the gauge doesnt work right and everytime i shiftthe needle goes to E... I find that odd..
- 2" rear blocks to level it out since the front is about an 1" higher than the rear
- Will be getting new front and rear bumpers, and getting it powdercoated black
- Grille will be painted black
- Needs new lights, there hazed over soo bad and dont look good anymore
- Ordered new copper header gaskets to *hopefully* get rid of this damn leak thats driving me up a wall

This is after 2 new front fenders, new brake lines, new fuel lines, new tank, new exhaust etc etc

Reason why Im doing all the work... I picked the truck up for cheap. What Im fixing everything for wouldnt even pay for a down payment on something new. And besides, the look of these trucks is soooo much better than anything new.

So come springtime, itll look like a new new truck!

But anyways, just wanted to drop a line and say HI

--Jason

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome! good project, tinted corners look great