New guy - 1997 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goliath

Reaction score
Recently bought a 97 K2500 Burb w/454. Huge truck and huge change for me, I've had a few trucks (F150, and Dakota) but both 2WD and never changed much on them. All of my previous vehicles have been more practical - the Burb, Goliath as we have named it, is practical too - but also somewhat of a guilty pleasure. :evillol:

I got the Burb to drive on weekends, haul the family on vacations, and to tow our camper - sure wish gas would go down to about $1.00/gal. I want to do several mods to it as well as do the maintenance myself (which I've never really done in past other than oil change, etc).

I've lurked here for a while as well as a few other GM truck sites but like the fact this is for GMT400s which are about as cool as it gets. So I wanted to join up and share - unforturnately at this point I will probably take more info than I can give but looking forward to learning/sharing.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, and give it time you'll be posting up some info

Goliath

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Here's a couple pics I have:

You must be registered for see images attach

PO had done some cool mods: a lift (I'm assuming), bigger tires/wheels, a Banks exhaust system, plus some other stuff that doesn't work so great - keyless entry (doesn't work), alarm system (also doesn't work) and with that I have this mess of wires that I want to fix:

Probably kick that into a diff forum, but anyway I have added a few 12v outlets, interior cargo box, and soon an inverter.

About to do a tune up with plugs, wires, PCV valve, air and fuel filter, dist cap and rotors, etc.

I love this truck (only 97k miles) and plan to keep for a very long time and keep tweaking it to be exactly what I want. Already close but with any new toy....

Last edited:

jgreen-fsi

Reaction score
Sweet! I just got a 2000 K2500 Suburban and I love it! Well everything except the glass packs!

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahhh, the previous owner of my 93 and the previous owner of your Burb must have been relatives. I had an alarm/remote starter/keyless entry unit that looked like brain damaged rats' nest, I was too afraid to start hacking wires and too cheap to take it to a shop and have them remove it. If you attempt self surgery, god speed man.....

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Here's one pic I have:

PO had done some cool mods: a lift (I'm assuming), bigger tires/wheels, a Banks exhaust system, plus some other stuff that doesn't work so great - keyless entry (doesn't work), alarm system (also doesn't work) and with that I have this mess of wires that I want to fix:

Probably kick that into a diff forum, but anyway I have added a few 12v outlets, interior cargo box, and soon an inverter.

About to do a tune up with plugs, wires, PCV valve, air and fuel filter, dist cap and rotors, etc.

I love this truck (only 97k miles) and plan to keep for a very long time and keep tweaking it to be exactly what I want. Already close but with any new toy....
Looks good!!!