New GMT400 Parts From Holley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo4whl

Reaction score
@DeCaff2007 You are correct. One thing to keep in mind when replacing the gear. The split pin hole in the gear lines up with one gear tooth, on the other side it lines up to a tooth void. Mark the shaft with a paint pen or such. Install the new gear with the hole lined up the same way.

What this does, is it gives you the most range of motion when the distributor is re-installed correctly in the engine. This can help a lot when installing an HEI dizzy in an older manifold with taller intake ports.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@DeCaff2007 You are correct. One thing to keep in mind when replacing the gear. The split pin hole in the gear lines up with one gear tooth, on the other side it lines up to a tooth void. Mark the shaft with a paint pen or such. Install the new gear with the hole lined up the same way.

What this does, is it gives you the most range of motion when the distributor is re-installed correctly in the engine. This can help a lot when installing an HEI dizzy in an older manifold with taller intake ports.
Now that I didn't know. So does it matter if the gear is installed backwards?

Turbo4whl

Reaction score

Wildwest

Reaction score
I needed to replace my black grille and all I could find was the same ole cheap crap on eBay. I stumbled across Holly's site while Googling for alternatives. Their price was the same as the cheap stuff so I called them to see if I could get more details. Got a nice guy on the phone who went out of his way to dig for any additional information they had, then put me on hold while he asked others on their sales staff. Turned out one of them knew someone who installed one of their grills and they said it was sturdier and seemed to fit better than the other ones. So that sold me and I placed my order. Their guy even helped me out to get the order over $100 so I could get free shipping. Looked around their bling and found a couple of decals that just squeezed me past the threshold. Unfortunately, as most things are these days, it was backordered with a four week ETA. When it arrives and I get it installed I'll let you know how it really is.