New from NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whitey Chevy

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just bought this tool box with a SBC last week and have been loving working on it. Pulled the carpet and shop vac’d 20 pounds of dirt out. Put in a new blower motor/fan but no AC yet. Need to pop the wheels off and find out why it’s pulsating while braking. The exhaust is also a priority, leaky and the cats are rattling, seems GM or somebody put 454 mid pipes and cats on these work trucks with the 350. Any tips on searching for 99 C/K parts and not coming up with newer Silverado parts, even this site says 88-98. Hopefully with your guys knowledge and my elbow grease we can get this truck driving comfortably for many years and miles to come.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes a lot of parts people don't know about the GM "classic " trucks. I have had 2 99 Suburbans and used to have a 90 Suburban ( square body style, the 400 series Burb didn't come till 92). I finally found a parts store in my town that has some good people in it, so I don't have to go through this anymore!
Welcome to the forum! I like the description of your truck as a 350 powered toolbox! My Burb is close to that most of the time, and it's a vortec 350(5.7). 96 to 99 vortec 350s are the same.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

".....Any tips on searching for 99 C/K parts and not coming up with newer Silverado parts......"

For my 1999 with a 5.7 / 350, when searching for parts there is
almost always a "what size engine" does your vehicle have question via drop down menu etc. If the engine option doesn't have 5.7 / 350, I know that somethings probably not right.

Whitey Chevy

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys, been busy recently. Happy Halloween and spooky election. The tip from Mattillac and Hotwheels is great about having the 5.7 in the drop down(I already am the proud owner of a light switch for a GMT800). I used to sell auto parts and reverse searching compatibility was an issue for sure. My favorite fix so far has been new door pins to get the door to close straight, the spring is still out. I’m putting on new front brakes this weekend hopefully that cures my braking steering shake. It’s pretty much a big S10 so Ive been here before.

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome in ******! (can I say that?)

Door pins are annoying and can be the difference in lightly closing the door or having to slam it