New from British Columbia!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Hey there!

Just found this place a few weeks ago and quite happy that I did! haha. I love these trucks, they're simply the best!

I've got a 1988 GMC K2500 350 that runs on propane (and propane accessories), with the 5-speed overdrive transmission. I got it from my grandpa when the snow melted after I turned 16. He bought it brand new from the dealership in 1988 and had it converted to propane in February of 1991. Propane was a huge fad in British Columbia back then as our province's capital was, and still is, a huge supporter of propane as an alternative fuel.

Anyway, the trucks belonged to my grandparents and they took good care of it, even after the bruises its had, and as I kid I absolutely loved the truck and always wanted it (obviosuly I got my wish haha). It turned into their farm truck a few years before I got it, and it didnt show (too much haha), but it definitely sounded like it. Rusted Y pipe and needed an idler arm and pitman arm, and the 4x4 actuator quit working shortly after I started driving it full time. This truck is one tough ***** though. I hit a deer one of the first times driving it and the only damage was the licence plate bent HAHAHA! Its basically stock other than the conversion and the Kenwood KDC-155U stereo, speakers and otehr goodies put into it. I wanted to keep the tape deck but we broke Rod Stewart's "Blondes Have More Fun" tape inside it so I figured I might as well change it. I also have a few CBs from my grandpa, and put one in my truck, a 1973 Courier Traveller II 23 Channels w/PA function as well as a Hansen SWR-3 In-line SWR meter. Dual 4' whips mounted in the bed and as well as a PA speaker under the hood, and thats not the only thing hidden under the hood, I've got Dixie horns mounted in there too! Also scored a deal on some train horns ($25!) but not sure where to mount them yet. Also just remembered I made my own 8-Ball shifter (with a real ball) for the 4x4, it looks sweet but I cant find any pictures right now. I think you can see part of it in one of the pictures below.

Future plans: I definitely need to do some maintenance, and thats about all I have up until now. I really don't want to be modding this thing since it has sentimental value and I dont know if I can pull the trigger on drilling and cutting some holes into it, it pained me just drilling the CB antenna mounts. Not tomention, I really dont know how to do engine work with this propane system. But at the same time theres so many cool things I want to do to it!

Feel free to ask any questions! I'm sure I'll need to ask you guys some too!

In fact here's a question: RPO Sheet says my truck supposed to be Black Sapphire Firemist and Light Sandstone while my truck is actually Medium Brown and Gold, I'm guessing this is because the RPO numbers were updated?

RPO Sheet: http://www.compnine.com/mycar.php?id=1cbfc08fd493fc4a0a3ec6affd41581c

You must be registered for see images attach

Just, uh, pretend its rock crawling

Can you tell I need cab mounts?

A little loaded down

Teaser of the 8-Ball

Air filter before

Air filter after

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Oh hey, thanks! I was originally going to do imgur but didnt want to be too different haha. I'll try that now!
nah attachments are different here haha! I'm messing with ya. Most people prefer imgur or photobucket because the pictures are so much better.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Pretty cool old truck :waytogo:

Talk about old school...that 23 channel CB has to be from the '70s(or earlier).