new exhaust = LOUD!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not me! ive never like a flowmaster! they drone too much when dumped and not enough sound with tips. i like the crackle and pop of glasspacks and straight pipes but ive never had straight pipes without cats. the truck in my avatar had true dual glasspacks with no cats and i loved it!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never dumped a flowmaster had tailpipes on it. it was plenty loud and had some drone. irt was an original 40 SI/DO like 3 inch in dual 2.5's out. no cat stock manifolds but like 4 inch 8 or 10 inch long slash cut tips out under the bumper.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I had my 40 series flowmaster dumped under the bed for about a year, after the lift. It was really great sounding but had WAY too much drone on the highway. I put the rest of the exhaust back on it and it's still really loud, just not in the cab anymore.

Personally I love the magnaflow on my 02, it's quite a bit more mellow at highway speed but still plenty loud.