New Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great thread!
I'm getting closer to my v6 to v8 swap so this will come in handy

Skickat från min Honor 8 via Tapatalk

domcan1000

Reaction score
I've got my list of things to grab at the junkyard. I am going to head over there this weekend and hopefully grab everything. Its supposed to be 50% off so I'm hoping to keep it pretty cheap.

For the swap:
Intake brackets
ECU from 93 5.7lv8
Pulleys

For other mods (why not?):
E-Fan
Fan relays
door panels (if I find some okay looking ones)
Inner fender for underhood toolbox
Newer wiper arm nozzles (maybe)
Thought about doing the oil cooler as well because, Texas.

Also gonna grab some lights for under the hood.

If anyone has any other suggestions on mods/upgrades that I should do while this is all happening I am open for suggestions

domcan1000

Reaction score
I know its been a little bit but I did grab a few things from the junkyard. I got a fan from an 02 crown vic interceptor, got all of the intake brackets and a couple of pulleys. I also got a few of the under hood lights. I will be going back to see if I can grab the rest of the stuff. I will most likely be taking this slowly as I may be going on a big trip next year right before my wedding so I will need to put money into that. I am still putting together a list of all of the parts and their prices so that I can obtain some of the parts little by little.

ala.frosty

Reaction score
Sounds like you're not into it a whole lot of money yet. IMO, you'd be better off looking to swap in a 4.8L or 5.3L V8 LM7 from an '00-'02 truck. You can buy a whole Yukon or Tahoe with a working 5.3 in the $500 to $1000 range and not need to buy anything else other than V8 motor mounts and adapter plates. the 5.7L engines are totally reliable, but the 5.3L are just as reliable, stronger, cheaper and more fuel-efficient.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone I talk to says the 5.3 is as good as the 5.7...until you pull a trailer, or load the truck box. Then the better low-rpm performance of the 5.7 beats the 5.3.

But I've been wrong before.