New Dash Now Available 88-94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The clicking is coming from the recirculation door actuator. In my opinion, impossible to replace without pulling the dash out. The other two actuators have position feedback to the HVAC controller and run to their commanded position and stop. The recirc. door actuator runs either full open or full closed and there's a 10 second time delay that holds power to the motor. The plastic teeth get old and brittle and one pops off and the gears drive against the gap and make that popping sound for about 10 seconds when you shut off the engine that drives people nuts.

mjordan

Reaction score
You said you are getting new actuators. There is 3, but two are the same part # correct? I got a 91 also and I have that damn clicking under passenger dash. When I get home from offshore imma order one when I find out. Wondering if I should replace all of em too.
While your in ther just change them all out. yes two are the same.

Treble

Reaction score
The clicking is coming from the recirculation door actuator. In my opinion, impossible to replace without pulling the dash out.

Many have changed that actuator, with the dash in place...
I did the majority of the job with my left hand....
You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
LOL. Tell that to my truck that's now sporting the one THEY sent me :rofl:

You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
There is a small gap of about 1/4" on both sides actually, but it's not really noticeable unless you're looking for it. Also mine is installed in a 97, so I don't really consider my install to be a good benchmark lol. I do believe it is well worth the cash tho.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The link is dead. Called Lmc and they said they have never sold a whole dash assembly for an obs

My guess would be they made a small run of these to test how well they would sell, and then sold all of them before some of the staff even knew they were a thing. I bet they'll make some more ASAP.