New and have questions about 95 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamoGoddess13

Reaction score
My fuel gauge decided to stop working, I filled up and it became stuck on above full, when I shut off the truck it moves but only when off. My passenger doors lock don't want to stay connected on the inner door, the previous owners at some point either cut the power for it or something so I have to use the key to lock my entire truck. We had to recently replace the door handles but otherwise nothing else. My interior light only works if I use the control for the dome light. Please can anyone help with these? Also it's a automatic and I am wondering if I can change the shifter knob?

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you say control for domes, are you using the override button on the headlight switch, or the dimmer control? The pin like switches on the sides of dash control the lights when opening and closing doors.

CamoGoddess13

Reaction score
When you say control for domes, are you using the override button on the headlight switch, or the dimmer control? The pin like switches on the sides of dash control the lights when opening and closing doors.
I'm using the dimmer switch. I had to put bulbs in first. But the under dash lights were working at first but now only when I use the dimmer switch.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah open the doors and wiggle the pin on the door switches. Also make sure the dome.override is not pushed.