Need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stuntmanlogan

Reaction score
Greg what product did you use to do that with? And im planning on grinding out all the rust ive seen it come threw on the bed liner stuff. So prep is key here ill work the **** out of it. Ill also post up a pic probably wont be doing this for a few more weeks its still rainy and wet out and temps are up and down.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used Herculiner, but I recommend getting it professionally Line-X'd or RhinoLined, as the Herculiner is too soft, and even with all of my prep work, there is still some peeling.

To keep it from rusting:

If you do patch panels or anything where bare metal is involved, i would recomment priming with rustoleum and then when you line the rockers, also line the inside of the rocker to prevent rust from the inside out.

Kovey10

Reaction score
I'm in the process of having my 96 Silverado bedlined and having the rockers sprayed too. I plan on using POR 15 to help eliminate the rust problem.

My 96 is Emerald Green/Silver two-tone, I cannot decide if I want to go with black or silver for the bed lined rockers. Does anyone have pics of the green/black combo, it doent have to be bed lined, just the color combo.

stuntmanlogan

Reaction score
Just a little update. I raptor lined the rockers today. Turned out pretty good. We only had one problem and that was getting the bumper off, we ended up having to take the bolts off of the back of the box and lift the box slightly to pull the bumper out. But besides that everything went good and it turned out pretty good for a little bedliner kit.