Need info/advice on brake upgrades!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, that statement about the brake lines makes sense.....sorta. Even if they are not leaking, they could be worn out to where they are swelling when you are pushing the brakes, which in turn makes your pedal spongy. The stainless braided brakelines can actually help alot.

Oh I know, just my thought on the situation. Mine stops as good as i'll ever need it to, so the only way I'd replace them is if it tore, or something along those lines.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I installed braided lines on my truck before I did the hydroboost swap when I still had vacume assist and I can say for sure on my truck that it increased my pedal firmness and shortened my stopping distance's. That's one of thing's when I recieved the package with the braided lines in it on the outside of the box it said this product will shorten stopping distance's x amount of feet, I don't remeber what it was, and I thought to myself yeah I'll bet it does, and then it actually worked.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I installed braided lines on my truck before I did the hydroboost swap when I still had vacume assist and I can say for sure on my truck that it increased my pedal firmness and shortened my stopping distance's. That's one of thing's when I recieved the package with the braided lines in it on the outside of the box it said this product will shorten stopping distance's x amount of feet, I don't remeber what it was, and I thought to myself yeah I'll bet it does, and then it actually worked.

Where do you get your braided lines from? I've found some for $150 and some for $70, the price differences kinda worries me.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got mine from O'reilly's and they were Earl's performance brand and they were about $150 but I put them on back in 2002.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I got mine from O'reilly's and they were Earl's performance brand and they were about $150 but I put them on back in 2002.

Thanks Draggin! Hopefully I'll be putting in a set sometime soon, may have just discovered some more urgent issues :frown: