need ideas on lift kit for my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95sierrax

Reaction score
hi everyone I'm new to the whole forum thing
i have 95 sierra 2500 6 lug 6.5td extended cab short bed i wanted to put a lift kit on it nothing crazy being how i dont take it off road that much
i want it to ride nice since its my dd and i dont want a cheap lift thats just going to end up being a headache down the road i dont know much about lift kits being how this is my first truck so i wanted some help from you guys on what set up would be best for me the tuck currently has a body lift and 315/70r17s
You must be registered for see images attach

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Suspension lift would be your only good option. 4" will put you about where you're sitting now. RCX or ProComp would be your best choices.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my RCX so far an it rides great set at 4". All the angles are great an the front end parts should last forever....

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Does the rcx kit fit the 2500 ld trucks?

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Welcome, you have a very nice truck there! Looks like your truck is already pretty high, must be cranked with blocks in the rear? If you wan tto lift it, and make it look it, you'll probable need a 6 inch lift. Like Jolly said, 4 inchs will look like what you got... waste of money in the end.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
unfortunately with what i recommend which is the RCX like i have but it doesnt work on 8 lug trucks and RC doesnt offer one for 2500. So my choice would be procomp, which they do have em for 2500s.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suspension lift would be your only good option. 4" will put you about where you're sitting now. RCX or ProComp would be your best choices.

Welcome, you have a very nice truck there! Looks like your truck is already pretty high, must be cranked with blocks in the rear? If you wan tto lift it, and make it look it, you'll probable need a 6 inch lift. Like Jolly said, 4 inchs will look like what you got... waste of money in the end.

How will a 4" look like what he's got? I did not see where he said he was gonna take the BL out:think:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the rcx kit fit the 2500 ld trucks?

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

I think so, rcx says they work for 6 lug trucks only. That should include the ld2500 but it would be best to check with them to be sure.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i have a procomp and im liking it. it sits very level. i just measure from level ground to bottom fender and got 43 even. airman skee got 44. from tire to fender i got 11front, 11.5 rear. he got 10,10.5